Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bedroom Project

Over the almost two years that Johnny and I have been married, I have tried to make the public areas- kitchen, living room, bathroom- look nice for our guests, but I think the bedroom had been neglected a bit. I had grand ideas for making our bedroom look nice. But they all cost a lot of money or required paint- which isn't allowed in rentals. One thing that I have been wanting for a long time is a sleigh bed. Johnny and I had looked off and on for a decent priced bed frame that fit my vision, but there was always something wrong such as the price or one thing was off with the design.

But a week or so ago I thought I'd take another look at a few stores and guess what?! I found exactly what I was looking for! It was the right shape, the right color, and even fit into the right price range. So Johnny and I bought a bed frame.

I wanted to bring some color into our room as well so I recovered some memory boards that I had made years ago with the colors that Johnny and I would like to use for our bedroom once we own our own walls.

So our bedroom has made a huge leap in the right direction to looking more put together. :)

3 comments:

-erika :) said...

I totally love the bed! At least it only took you 2 years to get a bed :)

Jessica said...

Wahoo! Looks good. I like the blue and brown!

Linda said...

I didn't know you two had a blog! You should add Heather & I!

Yay!

Aunt Linda