Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hobbies

Over the last couple of years since I have graduated from college, I have found myself trying to develop new talents and hobbies- this is probably because I'm a bit of a geek and actually really miss school and learning. Well, the other day I read my friend's post about hobbies and related very much to it. I often feel like I want to do everything right now and do it all well. Also, something Lacey points out, since there are so many things I want to do, I have a really difficult time deciding what I want to do right now. Unfortunately, I usually take so long trying to decide what to do that I end up doing nothing - and by nothing I mean watch tv.

Lately the hobby that has been winning out is photography. I really don't consider myself super good or anything, I just really enjoy seeing the beauty around me and trying to capture it in a picture. Johnny has been kind enough to indulge this new hobby. He went with me as I went arou
nd downtown Provo taking pictures. He also went with me to Vivian Park, up Provo Canyon, were we took a few pictures.

In the beginning of the formation of this new hobby, I was hesitant to edit the pictures because I didn't quite understand that photography is more than just taking pictures it is also editing the picture- whether is just be a little red eye touch up or some artistic touch. Anywho, I admit that my pictures looked better once I did a little editing. Here are a few that I have tried my hand at. Hope you enjoy them!






2 comments:

Jessi W said...

Good job on the pictures! You have a natural eye.

Lacey said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who ends up sitting on the couch instead of actually doing something. haha!
But seriously, your pictures are awesome! Keep it up!
Miss ya!!