Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Photo Contest

Here in Cedar everyone is given a free copy of the local newspaper, Iron County Today. A couple weeks ago I was looking at the paper and saw an article about a Fall Photo Contest. I haven't ever entered any photo contest and thought it could be fun and perhaps good experience to enter. I almost chickened out- and not to mention fall here happens pretty close to the deadline.

I finally decided a couple of days before the deadline to go ahead and submit a couple of pictures. Today, we received the paper with the contest results. Here is the page:

Here is a close up of the results:

Ok, for those of you who can't read tiny-fine-print-sort-of-fonts... I didn't win. BUT, I did receive an Honorable Mention. I was #7 overall out of 12. Granted, I have no idea how many people actually entered the contest, but if it is anything like how many people in Cedar apply for a receptionist position (90) or for a part time, professional house cleaning job (60), then I feel pretty good about my work. :)

4 comments:

Karissa said...

that's awesome!

-erika :) said...

That is awesome! I really like the picture, go Monie!!

JMW said...

Wow! That is great! HM is noteworthy! Great job!

Lisa said...

Way to go! You are talented- keep it up! :)