Friday, June 10, 2011

Something New

At the beginning of this year I saw a link on the SUU website for local artist to submit samples of their work to be considered in the SUU Art Auction. I thought, well just submitting something sure doesn't hurt anything. So I submitted my samples and awaiting a response.

I got an email back several days later, saying that SUU would be happy to include one of my pictures in the auction. I was thrilled! So I got it framed, had the picture printed 2 times until I finally had it printed for a third time at this awesome frame shop in Cedar.

I really didn't think my picture would sell, so Johnny and I said to each other, well at least I can say I had artwork in an art auction.
I found out a month or so later, that my artwork actually did sell. So now, someone I don't know has my picture hanging in their home. Crazy!

A little bit after this happened I got another email from SUU which said the following:

"You are cordially invited to participate in the Southern Utah Art Invitational Exhibit and Sale at the Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery, on the campus of Southern Utah University. You have been selected
to participate in this exhibition based on the high quality of your past body of work and to thank you for your support of the annual Art Auction."

Pretty much, I was blown away and couldn't believe that I was given the opportunity to be part of an art gallery! So I got a couple more pictures printed and framed and took them to the gallery. I'm so excited to go to the gallery and see my photographs, my artwork, on the wall!

If any of your are planning to drive through Cedar or visit the Shakespeare Festival, I invite you to take a minute to stop by the Braithwaite building on the SUU campus and visit the gallery. :)



6 comments:

Jessie said...

That is seriously awesome, Monica. Good for you!!

-erika :) said...

We will have to go check it out next time we come up!! I still think it is totally awesome!

Ali said...

Way to go! I'm super impressed!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations, you rock!

JMW said...

Wow! You're a bona fide photographer! That is so exciting that you sold a piece! Will you post the picture you sold? I'm interested to know which one it is. Are you going to enter the Costco photography contest?

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

Awesome!! Every other summer my in-laws go to the shakespeare festival as a girls only vacation but I can't go this year bc babies aren't allowed and I'm still nursing. Next time I come up, I'm totally calling you! :)