Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 2012

Almost a year later, I finally am trying to update our blog again. I thought maybe I would just delete it, but it is a great way to keep a journal of life events. I like how some of my friends update once a month, so I will attempt to so myself.

April was a crazy month. In March my eye started feeling weird, like it had last year, super dry and irritated. In April though, my eye got much worse, so much so, that I couldn't even keep it open. I had to leave work early because I couldn't see the computer screen or the people I was trying to help. I went to a Primary Care PA and she didn't really help me, so I went to a local eye doctor. He looked at my eye and told me I had a viral infection. Ugh. So then he prescribed some eye drops which he then proceeded to warn me can cause glaucoma and cataracts if used incorrectly.

My eye seemed to be still irritated, but after a few days calmed down. I was finally able to wear my contacts again and see again. Then it flared up again. I went back to the doctor, took eye drops again and finally after about two months of foolish eye issues, my eye is back to normal.

As I shared in a lesson I gave in Relief Society, I am one to very much appreciate vision being a hobby photographer. But I never truly understood the gift of sight and healthy eyes until recently. It is such a blessing.


Zoe also had an eventful month. Johnny and I kept going back and forth about whether we wanted to have her spayed. We thought we might want to breed her, but having had her go through heat once, it is rather inconvenient to deal with in an apartment. But, having just had two miscarriages, my emotions said it was unfair to take away that right from any living creature.

Ultimately, Johnny and I decided it was best for our family and best for Zoe if we had her spayed. So we took her to the doctor and left her over night. When I picked her up from the vet she was so groggy and sad it broke my heart. Usually when we take her outside she loves running around everywhere sniffing everything she can reach with her little nose. When I took her out after I picked her up, she just walked out on the grass and sat down because she lacked the energy to do anything else. I felt so guilty and sad I cried.


She was almost back to her spunky self when this last week she all of a sudden started throwing up and lost control of her bowels. I was fairly certain that she was dying. Dramatic I know, but I didn't know what to do or what was happening. We took her to the vet who gave her some medicine and helped her regain control of herself. She is now running around again like her silly playful self.


Technically, this happened in May, but it happened before I typed this entry so I'll add it into this month. Johnny graduated college!! Woohoo!! When we first got married and I realized how much schooling he had ahead of him, I thought this day would never come. But it did. The last two years in particular went by crazy fast. I am SOOO proud of Johnny finishing his degree and finishing with honors. Now, on to a new phase of life.


If anyone was totally bummed they missed out on Johnny's, I videoed the most important part. You can watch that below.

video

2 comments:

-erika :) said...

I've very happy that Zoe didn't die! Did the vet say what was wrong? Also, I love that pic of the Red Cliffs hike. Did you guys go there recently?

Karissa said...

I'm glad Zoe is ok! And congrats to Johnny! =) And I'm very glad your eye is better. Hope to see you guys soon!